We are looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our finance team based in Albury-Wodonga. This full time role provides a great opportunity for career progression within a regionally based customer owned bank.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will assist the finance team in ensuring Hume is adopting leading practices in management reporting, budgeting and forecasting as well as providing support to Hume’s internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly management accounting & reporting
- Monthly forecasting and financial modelling
- Monthly and annual returns including Company Tax, GST, FBT
- Assisting with the annual budget preparation
- Assisting with the preparation of annual Financial Statements
- Maintaining Hume’s asset register, general ledger and chart of accounts using Technology One Financials
- Contributing towards the effective daily business operations as a key member of the finance & customer support team.
To be successful, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (with desire to commence or already commenced CA/CPA)
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in an accounting, finance or related role (management accounting experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated evidence of business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Advanced technical skills in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards, as well as company tax and regulatory landscape.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive employee benefits
- Career development and leadership opportunities
- Work for one of the region’s largest and best employer
- Investment in your ongoing development
- A supportive workplace
Remuneration will be based on the successful candidate’s experience.
To apply for this role, please forward your application including a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A position description is available here.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 2nd March 2018