Working with Hume
At Hume we encourage one another to succeed at work, deliver enhanced service to our customers whilst maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Hume is a growing business that is constantly expanding and looking for new talent in various departments across the organisation. Hume Departments include:
- Sales and Services
- Finance and Administration
- People and Capability
- Risk & Compliance
- Business Development
- Information Technology
We are committed to developing our people and provide employees training and support across a range of areas. Training programs are tailored to particular roles and experience.
When you start work at Hume you will participate in an intensive period of induction training. This is delivered on-site, and involves a comprehensive introduction to all areas of the business. The initial focus is on developing customer service skills, as well as becoming familiar with Hume's information systems. Once you have completed your formal training you will be mentored in your new position.
Whilst working at Hume you will be encouraged to participate in additional training programs to further develop your knowledge and skills within the industry.
Hume is constantly expanding its training agenda to ensure that employees have access to both innovative and relevant training to achieve the best they can. These include:
- Individual training & development plans
- In-house coaching by a dedicated specialist
- Relevant external and internal training programs
- Leadership Development programs
- Online training modules and
- A generous Education Assistance Policy for eligible staff
Employees at Hume are part of a team that supports each other and the local community. We offer a dynamic, friendly and flexible work environment where living our values is important and investing in our people is a key priority.
- Salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Corporate Uniforms
- Financial Planning Services
- Annual Leave Loading for applicable roles
- Activities arranged by the Social Club Committee throughout the year (eg: trivia nights, children’s Christmas party, staff Christmas party, cinema nights, raffles)
- Participation in Workplace Giving Program, where a portion of staff's pay can be paid to a chosen charity
- Volunteer leave to enable staff to contribute to local volunteer organisations
Hume's wellness program is designed to support and encourage employees to participate in a range of activities to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Annual skin cancer checks
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Remedial massage in the work place
- Weekly supply of fruit in the tea rooms
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted rates on corporate packaged health insurance
- Incentive to participate in local fun runs and marathons including
As a significant employer in the area Hume is committed to giving back to the community.
Along with an extensive sponsorship program to support community groups and events Hume also actively encourages staff to volunteer for a range of different charities and programs. Find out more about Hume's community work here.
Hume also believes that environmental sustainability plays a large part of our involvement in the community. By educating, promoting and actively becoming greener ourselves, we can help the community to become more environmentally sustainable. Find out more about Hume and sustainability here.