Our thoughts go out to all those people who have been affected by this difficult challenge and we appreciate the effort of the healthcare workers and all others who are involved in the frontline, working to contain and eradicate this virus.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our priority is the safety and well-being of our customers, our team members and the community. Accordingly, we have taken precautionary measures in line with our responsibilities to prevent the spread of the virus. These measures include:
- Hand sanitiser made available where appropriate;
- Limiting team member movement throughout our branch network;
- Cancelling all non-essential travel;
- All meetings to be conducted by video conference;
- Social distancing within our branches, where appropriate;
- Decentralising team members based at our Olive Street office;
- Cancellation (or postponement) of any planned events with 25 or more people (which cannot be held via video conference).
We encourage our customers and our team members to practice good hygiene and if you are feeling unwell, please seek medical advice. Should this be the case, please avoid visiting a Hume Bank branch and contact us to seek assistance with your banking needs via other means. As a reminder, whilst our branches currently remain open to customers, customers have alternative ways to bank with us:
- Our Contact Centre is available by calling 1300 004 863, from 8:00am to 5:45pm Monday to Friday and 9:30am to 12pm on Saturday.
- Online access via the Hume Bank App or iBank for account information, statements, to transfer money and pay bills etc.
- Make withdrawals from any Hume Bank ATM, or any major banks ATM without a fee.
- Hume connect is a 24/7 automated phone service, enabling customers to transact over the phone by calling 1300 551 619.
- Pay for appropriate goods and services using a Hume Bank; Visa debit card, Visa credit card, Cashcard, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
For more information on these services, please call our Contact Centre team on 1300 004 863.
Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and we will update you if there are changes to our normal business processes. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the steps we are taking to protect our customers and team members, please feel free to contact us on 1300 004 863.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this period.