At Hume Bank we believe in building the long-term prosperity of our customers and supporting goals that benefit our community, not profit from them. We aspire to support our customers on all of life’s great adventures.
Hume Bank is one of Australia’s leading regional mutual banks, offering a real banking alternative with excellent products, exceptional service and unparalleled convenience. As a mutual organisation decisions are made on what is best for Hume Bank’s members, customers and the broader community.
We are looking for a highly agile, innovative and results driven, Design Specialist to join our Design and Marketing team in Albury.
The Design Specialist will work with both the Product and Marketing teams, reporting to the Chief Design and Marketing Officer, and will be responsible for sourcing and making use of customer research, data and operational insights to design human-centred experiences that optimise customer journeys and help the business achieve its strategic objectives.
This very visible role will participate in innovation and cross functional projects/activities on an ongoing basis and will be a key stakeholder in all levels of design, testing and implementation.
This is a permanent role based at our head office in Albury, NSW with flexible working arrangements if required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Use a variety of generative research, as well as analysis and synthesising of data to understand the customer journey, identify efficiencies and friction points and solve complex problems.
- Translate research into solutions by interpreting the creative needs of the solution and creating project briefs, presentations, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and other necessary documentation to communicate the user experience.
- Communicate and present to key stakeholders and management research findings through scorecards, personas and journeys.
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and refine user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines.
- Contribute to the design and required architecture for products and channels.
- Lead the user experience and interface idea generation process to achieve the best creative approach.
- Execute design concepts through design, testing and implementation.
- Support innovative and creative thinking to test and foster new ideas and concepts and facilitate a way to share these across all areas of the bank.
- Support the virtual delivery team to champion innovation and co-create, play and use a “fail-fast” and proof of concept approach in their drive for continuous improvement and evolution.
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Expertise in web and mobile design, a modern aesthetic style, creative approaches to complex problems and attention to detail
- Experience in lean UX and agile methodology to test and iterating design solutions
- Ability to design solutions with a strong understanding in UI architecture and Frontend / Backend constraints
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools, such as; Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD), Figma, Zeplin, Sketch, Invision, Azure
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Financial Services experience highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
- Join a purpose-led organisation with a strong community history and an exciting future
- Enjoy a great employee experience and attractive employee benefits, with ongoing career development
- Be a key part of the delivery of business innovation, improvement and development, at a really exciting time
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email your application including a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close: Monday 8 March 2021