Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your career in audit and compliance to the financial services industry?
Why join us?
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and ongoing development
- Be part of a future-focused, dynamic, and customer-owned bank
- Permanent, full-time role
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements – WFH and office
About the role
We are looking for a Technology Risk and Assurance Analyst to support our technology team by ensuring IT and Cybersecurity risk and compliance controls are developed, implemented, and maintained to a high level to protect the bank’s digital assets.
This position requires a detail-focused individual who can complete tasks autonomously and independently to a high standard, ensuring that we maintain a secure and resilient technology environment that aligns with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
This full-time role can be based remotely in Melbourne, accessing our CBD-based office space and with some Working from Home, under a hybrid work model. Travel to our Head Office in Albury, NSW will be required on a regular pre-scheduled basis. Alternatively, if you are looking for a tree change, the role can be based at our Head Office in Albury, NSW.
What you can expect
- Produce, maintain, and review information security policies, procedures, and standards, and ensure any changes are circulated.
- Determine, through targeted assurance activities, that technology risk frameworks and first-line activities are effective and fit-for-purpose for the organisation.
- Provide Technology security advice with a focus on Risk, Compliance, Assurance and Reporting.
- Design, implement and maintain security controls tracking and reporting through performance measures and in conjunction with service providers.
- Support Hume Bank’s Cybersecurity and Digital security programs and associated projects to ascertain that risk, compliance and regulatory guidelines are met.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Full or part qualifications in an IT Assurance or Technical Audit Discipline (highly regarded but not essential).
- Audit and compliance background with experience in technology and cyber security.
- Experience in 3rd party risk management/assurance activities.
- Understanding and knowledge of laws, regulations, and industry standards related to cyber security governance, risk, and compliance.
- Knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements e.g. PCI DSS and ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CPS 234.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
At Hume Bank we’ve always believed the future is bright. In 1955 we started as a cooperative investment and building society to help people in our community achieve their dream of owning a home. Since then, we’ve grown to be one of Australia’s most successful regional banks, receiving awards from Canstar, RateCity, Mozo and finder, and we still remain 100% customer owned.
Banking brighter is about more than just banking. It’s about returning our profits back into the community and into the hands of our customers, and leading the way with innovation, technology and changing the future of our industry.
How to apply
If you’re as excited as we are about this opportunity to progress your career in the financial services industry, click apply to submit your application or email your application to careers@
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway, just make sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you’d be a great fit for the team.
Applications close: 4 March 2024
Hume Bank is an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a culture that is inclusive, providing an ethical and diverse workplace where everyone is respected.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let us know by contacting careers@
- Once the role is closed, we review all applications against the requirements, creating a shortlist for further review.
- If your application is successful, you may receive an initial screening call to further assess your suitability, before being invited to an interview.
- We conduct two rounds of interviews, with the first interview being held with the supervisor and a member of our People Team. You may be invited back to a shorter second-round interview with the head of the department.
- The final stage is to complete some quick compliance checks, before (hopefully) receiving an offer.
We are committed to providing all applicants with an outcome for their application.