At Hume Bank we believe in building the long-term prosperity of our customers and supporting goals that benefit our community, not profit from them. We aspire to support our customers on all of life’s great adventures.
As Head of Sales in our Southern Markets you will lead Hume Bank’s expansion in our Southern Region. You will lead a small team but supported by 65 years of history and capability to build Hume Bank’s position in the market.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is passionate about exceeding results and developing outstanding relationships in order to increase brand recognition, customer acquisition and service levels and distribution network to join our Sales and Service team in the Melbourne area.
The Head of Sales – Southern Markets will champion Hume Bank’s history, culture and purpose in order to represent this and drive Hume’s brand, position, representation and growth in the Southern Region. The position will focus on multiple distribution and service channels to meet targets, uplift capability and embed succession for future development.
This role is based in Melbourne and will require flexibility in regards to office and home based working. There will also be some travel required for the role.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and grow Hume Bank’s brand presence and position in the Southern Region by bringing to life Hume’s purpose – to be the Bank for life
- Contribute and deliver on key strategic initiatives including driving & implementing Hume’s Southern Markets Strategy.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of customer sales and services are provided in partnership with Head Office functions.
- Identify, develop, manage and grow relationships with key introducers, brokers and aggregators
- Grow a lending pipeline and where required source, load and execute loans
- Build and maintain a high performing team through effective mentoring, coaching, professional development and performance management
- Maintain detailed knowledge of designated products, services and procedures as well as in depth appreciation of the competitive market
- Monitor sales trends to identify issues and opportunities to improve the Southern Markets P&L.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met, using risk management frameworks
- Drive a consistent focus on the employee experience to drive staff engagement and a positive culture
- You will possess strong influencing and relationship management skills
- You will ideally hold a relevant tertiary qualification in business or a related field
- Previous experience in lending, banking or retail environments where you have led a team to achieve KPI’s and deliver exceptional customer service
- Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements in the financial services industry
- Strong, visible leadership including the ability to translate corporate strategies into clear, specific goals, objectives and plans
- Outstanding stakeholder relationships – customers, peers, staff, influencers, etc.
- Excellence management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work for Hume – a future focused, dynamic and successful purpose driven bank
- Ongoing career development and progression
- An excellent employee experience, attractive salary and employee benefits
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email your application including a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close: Monday 26 October 2020.