At Hume Bank we believe in building the long-term prosperity of our customers and supporting goals that benefit our community, not profit from them. We aspire to support our customers on all of life’s great adventures.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, we have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Accountant to join our finance team on a 12-month, maximum term contract.
The Accountant (Regulatory) is required to execute key accountabilities and tasks within set procedures and guidelines contributing to accurate and timely financial, statutory & regulatory reporting requirements.
This is a maternity leave position based at our head office in Albury, NSW with flexible working arrangements if required. We are open to considering remote working for the right candidate, provided there is a commitment to establishing a presence in Albury, by travelling to, and working from Head Office on a regular, or as required basis.
The role can be offered full time or part time (30 hours), dependent on the candidate.
- Experience in a regulatory/financial accounting role
- Sound accounting and tax technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to identify efficiencies and improve processes or controls
- Excellent problem-solving skills and commitment to meeting strict timelines
- Strong stakeholder relationships with internal and external customer
- An understanding of regulatory requirements related to banking and finance industry
- CA/CPA qualification (or working towards)
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to work for Hume – a future focused, dynamic and successful purpose driven bank
- A great employee experience and employee benefits, with flexible working conditions including working from home
- Health and Wellbeing activities including an Employee Assistance Program and associated policies
Finally a little about us: https://youtu.be/lynBPG9dXUA
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email your application including a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close: Wednesday 4 August 2021