At Hume Bank we believe in building the long-term prosperity of our customers and supporting goals that benefit our community, not profit from them. We aspire to support our customers on all of life’s great adventures.
Hume Bank is one of Australia’s leading regional mutual banks, offering a real banking alternative with excellent products, exceptional service and unparalleled convenience. As a mutual organisation decisions are made on what is best for Hume Bank’s members, customers and the broader community.
We are looking for a highly agile, motivated and results driven, Business Analyst to join our Design and Marketing team in Albury.
The Business Analyst will work with both Product and Marketing, assisting in the delivery of innovation projects and activity across the business. This will be working with technical and non-technical teams, creating user journeys and working on end-to-end delivery of projects.
Working in a data centric environment, the Business Analyst is key to analysing, interpreting and then transforming data into usable insights.
This is a permanent role based at our head office in Albury, NSW with flexible working arrangements if required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Use data analytics and insights to make recommendations to key stakeholders to identify and resolve emerging issues.
- Effectively identify and define business needs and problems/issues to enable a feasible solution scope to be developed.
- Assess and document the current state of business to identify and recommend improvements and verification and validation of resulting requirements.
- Determine the effectiveness of proposed solutions including the identification of any associated risks as well as the risk for not implementing the solution.
- Convert business needs into functional designs and lead business stakeholders towards functional design decisions.
- Conducting gap analysis end-to-end on documentation that has been completed.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of standards, procedures, and methodologies to maximise the effectiveness of the product delivery lifecycle.
- Support innovative and creative thinking to test and foster new ideas and concepts and facilitate a way to share these across all areas of the bank.
- Support the virtual delivery team to champion innovation and co-create, play and use a ”fail-fast” and proof of concept approach in their drive for continuous improvement and evolution.
- Using insights and trends to provide advice and guidance to Management and ensure policies and processes within department are best practice so that Hume can anticipate market developments and maintain competitive advantage.
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant field
- Experience in business analysis or process improvement
- Financial Services experience highly regarded
- Experience working in Agile environments, or application of Agile methodology preferable
- Knowledge of reporting and operational processes, including sound understanding of reporting tools
- Ability to translate analysis into insights and commentary
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional ability to identify issues and problem solve
What’s in it for you?
- Join a purpose-led organisation with a strong community history and an exciting future
- Enjoy a great employee experience and attractive employee benefits, with ongoing career development
- Be a key part of the delivery of business innovation, improvement and development, at a really exciting time
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please email your application including a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Applications close: Monday, 3 May 2021