If a Visa debit card transaction was:
- made even though you cancelled a recurring payment arrangement
- for goods or services that the merchant did not deliver
- for goods and services which did not match the description provided by the merchant
You can ask us to dispute the transaction by reversing the payment to the merchant’s financial institution. However, the dispute rights may not apply to specific charges made from your card account (e.g. BPAY payments).
A purchase from a merchant is a legal transaction between you and that merchant. The merchant is usually responsible for providing (or restricting) the goods or the performance of the services. We are not responsible for goods or services obtained by you using your card unless the law makes us liable. You must inform us of the disputed transaction within a specific timeframe of the transaction taking place:
- For Visa debit card transactions, within 120 days.
- For Cashcard transactions, within 210 days.
Once these time limits have expired, any dispute rights may be lost. Where the ePayments Code applies to the transaction, its time limits may apply and not those of the card scheme.
Please refer to our Product Disclosure Statement for further information.