We may use your personal information (including credit-related information) for the purpose of providing products and services to you, verifying your identity and managing our business. This may include:
- assessing and processing your application for the products and services we offer;
- establishing and providing our systems and processes to provide our products and services to you;
- verification or validation of your personal identification information;
- executing your instructions, including payment instructions;
- charging and billing;
- uses required or authorised by law;
- maintaining and developing our business systems and infrastructure;
- research and development;
- collecting overdue payments due under our credit products; and
- Managing our rights and obligations regarding external payment systems.
In general, we do not use or disclose your personal information (including credit-related information) for a purpose other than:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- A purpose otherwise disclosed to you to which you have consented.
We may disclose the personal information (including credit-related information) we collect or hold about you to other thirs parties and organisations, for example:
- our related companies;
- external organisations that are our assignees, agents or contractors;
- external service providers to us, such as organisations which we use to verify your identity, payment systems operators, mailing houses and research consultants;
- insurers and re-insurers, where insurance is provided in connection with our services to you;
- other financial institutions, for example, when you apply for a loan from another credit provider and you agree to us providing information, or to facilitate payment instructions from you;
- credit reporting bodies, including disclosing that you are in default under a credit agreement or commit a serious credit infringement, if that is the case;
- lenders' mortgage insurers, where relevant to credit we have provided;
- debt collecting agencies, if you have not repaid a loan as required;
- our professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers and auditors;
- state or territory authorities that give assistance to facilitate the provision of home loans to individuals;
- certain entities that have bought or otherwise obtained an interest in your credit product, or that are considering doing so, and their professional advisors;
- your representative, for example, lawyer, mortgage broker, financial advisor or attorney, as authorised by you; or
- If required or authorised by law, to government and regulatory authorities.
We disclose personal or credit information to the following credit reporting bodies:
Equifax Pty Ltd
Postal Address: Po Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059
Dun & Bradstreet
Postal Address: PO Box 7405 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by sufficient confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal information.
We may use your personal information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
We may also provide your details to other organisations for specific marketing purposes.
As our operations are only in Australia, we typically would not disclose your personal information (including your credit information and credit eligibility information) to an overseas recipient.
However, if we do disclose this information outside Australia, we will do so on the basis that:
- our approach for disclosing this information is consistent with the requirements outlined in the Australian Privacy Principles; and
- We are permitted by Australian law.
Government related identifiers
At times, we may be required to collect from you a government related identifier, such as a tax-file number or Foreign Tax Indentification Number.
We will not adopt, use or disclose this information unless it is necessary for our business activities or functions, and is permitted by Australian law.