Who to notify when you move

Take the stress out of changing your address

From updating your mail address to letting your loved ones know, moving to a new home involves more than just packing boxes and loading the truck. To ensure a smooth transition to your new digs, let’s go through a quick but essential list of the people and organisations who need a heads up when your address changes.


  • Family and friends
  • Employers
  • Schools and universities
  • Before and after school care facilities
  • Extra-curricular clubs and activities
  • Security systems

Government agencies

  • Australia Post
  • Australian Electoral Commission (AEC)
  • Australian Tax Office (ATO)
  • Medicare, Centrelink, Child Support
  • DonateLife (if you’re an organ donor)
  • License, car registrations, toll payment accounts (for NSW and VIC)
  • Concessions, seniors, pension cards
  • Local council (especially if you have a pet)
  • National Disability Insurance Scheme
  • Veterans’ Affairs

Health & medical

  • Private health insurer
  • General practitioner
  • Medical specialists
  • Dentist and orthodontist
  • Mental health professionals
  • Optometrist, physiotherapist, etc.
  • Veterinarian
  • Gym and other memberships

Financial services

  • Banks and credit card providers
  • Superannuation fund
  • Insurance companies (car, home, contents, pet etc.)
  • Online payment services (e.g. PayPal, AfterPay)

Subscriptions & loyalty programs

  • Newspaper and magazine subscriptions
  • Media and streaming platforms
  • Subscription boxes (food, wine, toilet paper etc.)
  • Retail store cards
  • Frequent flyer programs