The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is an initiative that helps Australia’s mutual banks, like Hume Bank, credit unions and building societies deliver on their pledge to always put customers first.
It’s a way to keep us all accountable when it comes to how we engage with every one of our customers.
As a 100% customer-owned bank, we don’t answer to shareholders, so we can do things the others cant.
Like paying it forward in our community and putting our profits right back into better products and services that benefit you and all our other customers.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is one of the ways we commit, clearly and transparently, to putting our customers first.
And to delivering fair and accessible banking to all within the communities we serve.
The Code of Practice is built upon the delivery of seven key promises:
- We will deliver banking services in the interests of our customers.
- We will obey the law.
- We will not mislead or deceive.
- We will act honestly and fairly.
- We will offer products and services that are fit for general purpose.
- We will deliver services with reasonable care and skill.
- We will contribute to our community.