Mobile Menu



1300 004 863

Mon-Fri: 8am-5:45pm
Sat: 9.30am-12pm
(branch hours vary)

Hume Connect (phone banking)

1300 551 619


F (02) 6051 3255


E [email protected]

Contact Us


Need a home loan?

Spend time doing what you love, we'll make it easy and come to you.

Book appointment

Fixed Home Loans

Rates From:

Comparison rate*

^Terms, conditions and lending criteria apply *Click for important information about comparison rate.

View All

Variable Home Loans

Rates From^

^Terms, conditions and lending criteria apply *Click for important information about comparison rate.

View All

Term Deposits

100 day special

Min investment of $5,000+

Learn More

Personal Loans

Rates From

Comparison rate*

*Click for important information about comparison rate.

Learn More

Personal Credit Cards

Rates From*

*Interest rate on purchases

View All

Personal Savings

Base Rate
0.35% p.a.

Bonus Rate Conditions apply.

Learn More

Our Details

Call: 1300 004 863

Mon-Fri: 8am-5:45pm
Sat: 9.30am-12pm
(Our Contact Centre remains open however our branches are temporarily closed on Saturdays)

Hume Connect (phone banking): 1300 551 619

Postal Address
492 Olive Street 
PO Box 343
Albury NSW 2640

Email: [email protected]

Fax: (02) 6051 3255

After Hours Emergency Numbers

Lost or stolen Hume Bank Cashcard, Visa Debit, Credit Cards and PINs:

P 1800 621 199 (Australia only)

Lost or stolen Visa Debit, Credit Cards and PINs for calls made internationally: 

P +61 2 9959 7686 (Internationally)

For these enquiries during normal business hours, please contact:

P 1300 004 863 (Australia only)

P +61 2 6051 3211 (Internationally)

You can also utilise Hume's App to lock, cancel, activate and reorder cards. Learn more here

Feedback and Complaints

At Hume, we’re all about being customer owned. That’s why we welcome any feedback you may have on how we can improve our products, process or service to our customers.  We are committed to resolving any concern you raise, with fairness, respect and as quickly as possible.

Because when you’re happy, we are too.

<p>In most cases, we can resolve your complaint on the spot. If we can&rsquo;t, your complaint will be documented and escalated.</p>

Visit your local branch

In most cases, we can resolve your complaint on the spot. If we can’t, your complaint will be documented and escalated.

<p>Call 1300 004 863 to chat with one of our team who can have your concern sorted out as soon as possible.</p>

Call us

Call 1300 004 863 to chat with one of our team who can have your concern sorted out as soon as possible.

<p>You can expect a call from us as soon as practicable to sort things out. <a href="~/online-forms/feedback">Go to the form</a></p>

You can expect a call from us as soon as practicable to sort things out. Go to the form

<p>And send to:&nbsp;Hume Bank Limited,&nbsp;Internal Dispute Resolution Officer, 492 Olive St,&nbsp;Albury NSW 2640&nbsp;</p>

In writing

And send to: Hume Bank Limited, Internal Dispute Resolution Officer, 492 Olive St, Albury NSW 2640 

Things you should know

What to provide

To get started, we need to gather from you the nature of your concern, understand how we fell short of your expectations, and
how you would like us to resolve your complaint.

Depending on the type of the complaint, we may ask you to provide some additional information or documentation to help us
understand your concern – but we’ll let you know if this is the case.


It’s free

We do not charge customers a fee to raise a complaint with Hume or for dealing with a complaint.


If you need special assistance

If you are hearing impaired, we can use the National Relay Service to relay your conversation with a member of our team.

If English is not your first language and you do not feel comfortable using English to chat with us, you can call
131 450 to arrange to speak to a translator who can be provided by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and
Indigenous Affairs. There is a fee for this government service. Refer to the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) website:


Can someone manage a complaint on my behalf?

Absolutely. So long as you provide us your written authority to deal with that third party.

What to expect

When we receive a complaint

We take each complaint seriously, and will work with you to find an outcome that is fair and which meets our obligations
under the law.

If we cannot resolve your concern on the spot (or we receive your complaint through our website or by letter), the complaint is
escalated to our Internal Dispute Resolution Officer for review and investigation. You will receive an acknowledgment from us when this occurs. 

You can expect a call soon after to discuss your concern in more detail, and agree on the best way to resolve the complaint.


How we assess a complaint

We focus on fairness and common sense. We will always review the information available to us, to determine what went wrong and to make a decision that considers:

  • the impact on you as our customer;
  • the law, good banking practice, and any applicable industry codes, guidelines or standards; and
  • commercially sensible outcomes.


We promise to stay in touch

We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and will ensure we stay in contact during all stages of the complaint.
We may do this by contacting you by phone, or providing a written update.

For complex concerns, we may need some extra time.

If we have not been able to resolve your complaint within 21 days, we will write to you and advise of the reason for delay, and
provide the contact details to escalate your concern to an external dispute resolution scheme (if you choose).

On the rare occasion that the complaint can’t be resolved by 45 days, we will write to you again.

For any complaint that is resolved after 5 days (or if you request it), we will provide to you in writing the outcome and
resolution of the complaint for your records. We will always provide a written response if your complaint relates to hardship.

If you're not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or it remains unresolved you have the option to escalate your
concern to the following external bodies:

For concerns relating to your privacy: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 


P1300 363 992 (free call within Australia)

F(02) 9284 9666 (normal call rates apply)

E[email protected]

MOffice of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001


For all other concerns:  Australian Financial Complaints Authority


Hume Bank Limited is a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. The Australian Financial Complaints Authority is a free service. It will only be able to deal with your complaint if it remains unresolved after you have received a response to your complaint from us.

P1800 931 678 (free call within Australia)

E[email protected]

MAustralian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001

Financial Hardship

We understand there are times when you may face temporary financial difficulties caused by unemployment, illness, or other unexpected circumstances.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties or anticipate that you might in the near future, the best thing you can do is speak to us as soon as possible. You may be surprised to learn you can get some helpful advice regarding your situation.

It’s important to discuss with us all the financial difficulties and concerns you are experiencing. Doing nothing does not help the situation and the problems may get worse. We have people who are here to listen and support you to manage your financial situation. We are committed to delivering exceptional customer service, by assisting customers through times of hardship where possible.

Options to Getting Assistance

  1. Call 1300 004 863 to talk with Hume’s Credit Control Officer. Alternatively you can email [email protected] and we will contact you to discuss your sitiuation. 
  2. Or, you can download the Application for Financial Hardship Assistance form and mail it with supporting documentation to: Credit Control Officer, Hume Bank Ltd, PO Box 343, ALBURY NSW 2640 - or email it to [email protected].
  3. We will confidentially review your situation and determine if we can assist you to manage your financial obligations with us. This will be a confidential conversaion that can include helping you find solutions if you’re in arrears or unable to make your contracted repayments on a home or personal loan.
  4. Within 21 days of your application being made, we will let you know the outcome.

      Download Financial Hardship Assistance Form

Available Financial Counselling Services


St David's Uniting Care 

593 Olive Street 
Albury NSW 2640 
Phone: 02 6021 7099 
Fax: 02 6023 2448 
Email: [email protected]

Upper Murray Family Care


6-12 Church Street, Wagga Wagga, 02 6937 1555 
562 Englehardt St, Albury, 02 6041 4227 
24 Ely St, Wangaratta, 03 5721 9088


National Websites

Financial Counselling Australia

ASIC's MoneySmart

Disputed transactions

To dispute a card transaction (either your Cashcard, Visa or Visa Debit) please complete and return the Disputed Transaction Form available here.

Our Customer Support Team will contact you and may request some additional information if required.

Forms can be returned to:

MPO Box 343, Albury NSW 2640
F(02) 6051 3255
E[email protected]