Following scheduled maintenance, some customers may experience issues using their digital wallet.
If you’re experiencing issues with your digital wallet, you may need to check:
- if Visa is selected as your payment method (not eftpos savings)
- if your card is showing in your digital wallet.
- if you have sufficient funds in your account.
- if your card is locked. You can look for this and unlock your card in the Hume Bank App. FAQ – Managing your cards – Hume Bank
To check whether you’re using eftpos savings or Visa as your payment option on your Apple device:
- Open device settings.
- Go to wallet.
- Select card.
- Payment option, select Visa (tick will appear next to Visa).
- Attempt transaction again.
If you’re an Apple device user and have added your card to your digital wallet on or after Thursday, 29 February, you won’t be able to use eftpos savings. You’ll need to select Visa for all payments.
To check whether you’re using eftpos savings or Visa as your payment option on your Samsung device:
- Check which payment option is selected when making a transaction. Select Visa and then attempt the transaction.
- To remove eftpos as a visible option, you’ll need to delete and re-add your card to your digital wallet. You’ll need your physical card to complete this. More information can be found here
NOTE: Visa is the only payment option available on Samsung devices at this time.
If these don’t work, you may need to remove and re-add your card to your wallet. Use the links the find out how.
- Apple Pay – Hume Bank
- Google Pay – Hume Bank
- Garmin Pay – Hume Bank
- Samsung Wallet – Hume Bank
- Fitbit Pay – Hume Bank